Using Microsoft Lync on a Mac
This post covers how to use Microsoft Lync on a Mac computer.
- Lync Account
- Lync for Mac
- Setting Your Availability Status
- Adding Contacts to Microsoft Lync
- Creating a New Group
- Starting a Group Conversation
- Schedule a Meeting
- Using Spell Check
- Using Lync in Web Access
- Using Lync outside the university network
- Click the drop down menu below your name and select your current availability, also known as status.
- Enter the name you want to add in the search field.
- On the Microsoft Lync dialog box:
- Click “+” sign
- Select the group to which you want to add the contact
- In the Apple Task Bar:
- Click Conversation
- Click Meet Now
- Select Meet with Video
- Drag and drop contacts that you wish to add into the group conversation.
- On Microsoft Lync dialog box:
- Right click the contact you want to schedule a meeting with
- Click Schedule Meeting
- On the New Meeting Screen:
- Enter the meeting’s subject in Subject field
- Enter location in the Location field
- Enter date and time in the Starts and Ends field
- Enter a brief explanation for the meeting in the Message field
- Click Send
- While typing in the conversation window, press control and click the misspelled word then select the correct spelling from the list.
- To Chat with your contacts, Double-click your contact and click Chat
- To Add a Contact, click Find Someone in the upper right corner and enter the contacts name. Then press enter or click the contact.
- Click Add to IM Contact List
If you are using Lync from a location outside the university network, you can use the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to communicate with colleagues from off-campus.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org