Install Lync on a Mac
This post details the steps on how to install and configure Microsoft Lync on a Mac computer.
- An Office 365 Faculty and Staff account
- Access to Office 365 using Web Access
- Licensed to use Lync
- Mac OS
- Log in to your Office 365 account using Web Access (http://login.microsoftonline.com/)
- Click Install Lync.
- Go to number 2 to Install Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 and click Install.
- Double-click on Lync_Mac_2011_ALL_dmg.
- Double-click on Lync Installer.
- Click Continue in the Install Microsoft Lync for Mac dialog box.
- Click Continue after you read the Software License Agreement.
- Click Agree to continue installing the software.
- Click Install to perform a standard installation of this software.
- When the installation finishes, click Close to complete the installation process.
- Double-click on Lync icon from your Application folder or tool bar.
- Click Advanced on the bottom of the Sign In box.
- In the Advanced dialog box:
- Select Manual Configuration
- Type sipdir.online.lync.com:443 in the Internal and External Server Name
- Click OK
- In the Microsoft Lync Sign In dialog box:
- Enter your e-mail address (CampusID@gsu.edu) at the E-mail Address: field
- Select Automatic in the Sign in as: field
- Enter your e-mail address (CampusID@gsu.edu) at the User ID: field
- Enter your CampusID password in the Password: field
- Click Sign In
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.